As the theme ‘Panchamrit’ suggests mixture of five foods, our year’s theme focused on developing five essential qualities in all of us-
• Good health
• Effective communication
• Respect to our Nation, Nature, National Leaders and Core Values
• Perfect Planning
The first event that was celebrated in school was Swamiji”s Punyathithi on 5th June 2022.
1st July- Tree plantation – On the occasion of ‘World environment day’ the students participated in nature trail at Green valley Park, Sector 9, CBD. Representatives of Punarvasu Foundation took up the responsibility of conducting the trail and expose the students to various types of plants and animals existing in nature. Other students who did not go for the trail participated in plantation activity in school.
13th July- Guru Purnima was celebrated with a Hom and Satyanarayan Pooja.
5th to 17th August-Azaadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations
6th to 8th September-Ganesh Chaturthi was celebrated at the school with Pooja and Arti everyday by the students and staff. Ganesh visarjan was also done on 8th September.
1st October-A Dandiya program was organized for all at Varkari Bhavan, Sector 3, CBD,Navi Mumbai
2nd October Gandhi Jayanti was celebrated with performances and presentations by students on the values imparted by leaders like Gandhiji and Sri Lal Bahadur Shastri.
14th October- Dr. A.P.J.Abdul Kalam’s birthday was celebrated as “Vachan Diwas” by the students of the school
18th October- Diwali celebration was done with a display of lanterns made by the students of the school.
Birthday celebrations every month followed a theme dedicated to each month.
June – Health
July and September - Respect to Nature
August-Respect to Nation
October- Adaptation to Culture
Parents General Meeting was held on 18th June 2022 attended by 75 parents. On 30th of July Parents of both Disha and Seabird unit were called for a meeting to discuss the Individualised educational program of their children.
• Students participated in the Special Olympics National Coaching Camp.
• Mst. Siddharth Patil of Seabird unit attended the Triathlon competition at Gandhinagar from 14th to 19th June 2022.
• Ms. Tanaya Patade accompanied by coach, Mr. Sarang Rathod attended the basketball National coaching at Pondicherry from 8th to 13th July.
• Ms. Apeksha and Ms. Ashika accompanied by teacher Bhima Dhandekar, attended a 5 day Skating coaching camp at Gandhinagar Gujarat from 11th to 17th July.
• Mst. Harsh Nair accompanied by escort Ms. Rupali Dhandore, attended the swimming coaching camp at Mandya, Karnataka from 18th to 23rd July.
• Ms. Tanaya Patade accompanied by Ms. Rupali Dhandore attended the second National coaching camp at Gandhinagar, Gujrat from 4th to 8th September 2022.
• Ms. Tanaya was selected to participate in the Special Olympics Asia Pacific virtual unified Basket Ball contest and videos of her skills were mailed to Special Olympics Bharat
• 11 students participated in the 13th Maharashtra State Table Tennis Tournament for special children on 24th September 2022 at Goregaon sports club, Malad. 5 students scored the first place, 2 students second, three students secured third and one student secured the fourth place in the competition.
• 4 athletes from CBD unit and 2 athletes with a unified partner from Seabird unit participated in the SOB virtual unified badminton competition on 28th September 2022 from the school premises.
• 3 athletes of CBD unit, 2 athletes of Seabird and one unified partner participated in the SOB Virtual Basket Ball competition on 7th October 2022.
• Ms. Bhima Dhandekar and Mr. Rakesh Mhatre participated in the Fitness training camp for coaches on 12th October at Mt. Carmel Church Hall, Bandra west.
• Mst. Soham Dhanasure and sports instructor Mr. Sarang Rathod were a part of the team to accompany the Mumbai City Football club players on the Field at Andheri Sports Complex on 14th and 15th October 2022.
• Students were invited to visit Decathlon sports shop at sector 11, CBD, Belapur to celebrate their 46th anniversary. This was a learning experience for them as they were allowed to try out the sports equipment on display.
Mr. Shivdas Ghodke , a drama instructor was appointed this year to train students in dramatics. Mr. Pankaj Manihar a sports instructor started training the students during skating practice sessions at YMCA.
School and sports uniforms of students were changed.
75 Years of Independence – Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav was celebrated by the students and staff of all three units in the following ways-
On 5th August the young athlete program was demonstrated by the young athletes of the school at NIEPID, Kharghar in a coaches orientation program organised by Special Olympics Bharat.
The school building and class rooms were decorated with tricolour ribbons, balloons, flowers, kites and banners. The building was illuminated using tricolour lights. The whole school environment was energised with the feeling of patriotism.
10th August – Students were invited by Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation to perform a group dance on a patriotic song and part of the dance was on skates at Vishnudas Bhave auditorium, Vashi. The Students received a standing ovation from the audience.
12th August the students were invited by an NGO of senior citizens-“MY Retired Life” and performed the dance skate.
On the same day an in house event –“Fashion Show on great leaders” was organized and students participated as Jhansi Ki Rani, Mahatma Gandhi, Lokmanya Tilak, Bhagat Singh and many others.
10 students from all three units also participated in the Special Olympics Health Fitness Program –“SOHFIT”at Bandra .
13th August a Rally was organized and participated by students, staff, parents in collaboration with members of Rotary Club of Navi Mumbai Hillside, Inner Wheel club of New Bombay Hillside, Rotract Club of Bharathi Vidyapeeth college of Management Studies, Punarvasu Foundation and Prarambh Foundation. Rally started from school at 10:30am. The participants walked through the different lanes of CBD by singing patriotic songs and conveying message to the community through slogans and placards. The continuous rain did not deter the spirit of the participants.
14th August students displayed the National Flag at home and participated in “Har Ghar Tiranga”activity. 75 students performed 75 different activities in the school to celebrate the 75 years of independence.
On 15th August the 76th Independence Day was celebrated at school. Students participated by performing group and solo dances, drill, patriotic songs and speech. The members of Punarvasu Foundation were felicitated on that day.
On 16th August a drawing event on the topic-“Patriotism” was organized for students. This year our students are getting trained to perform a Drama -“Kranti Gatha”a story on the struggle for freedom by our great leaders. The main objective of the Drama training was to sensitize the students about the History of Indian Freedom.
Post a Comment